BED BUG BITES and BED BUG TREATMENT.
- What do bed bug bites look like?
- What do bed bugs look like?
- And which bed bug bites treatments are readily available? If you have had the unfortunate and, sometimes, deeply disturbing experience of having been bitten by bugs at night, then you would want to be able to identify, whether bed bugs are the culprits. On this website, you will learn how to identify the typical bed bug bites, by learning about the various bed bug bites symptoms and by viewing a host of bed bug bites pictures.
Then, once you have established that those nightly bites did indeed come from the bloodsucking bed bugs, you will want to move quickly to ensure that your bedbug bites are treated properly and most importanly, to ensure that the bed bugs are removed from your bed and your house. Bed bugs can live without feeding for up to 1 year, and getting rid of the bed bugs is no easy feat.
Don’ t delay!
WHAT ARE BED BUGS?
Bed bugs (or Cimicidae and Cimex lectularius) are small parasitic insects. ‘Bed bugs’ usually refers to those specimens that prefer to feed on human blood, but all the insects in this family survive solely on the blood of warm-blooded animals.
The name “bed bug” comes from the insects typical habitat in beds, mattresses or couches, where they have easy access to feeding on humans. Bed bugs are mostly active at night. Bed bug bites can lead to skin rashes, allergic symptoms and even have psychological effects.
In the developed world, bed bugs were largely eradicated as pests in the early 1940s, but they have increased there presence in the western world since about 1995, probably due to a resistance to pesticides.
BED BUG BITES, BED BUG TREATMENT and BED BUG EXTERMINATORS.
So, how do you know that you have been bitten by bed bugs?
Well, bed bug bites often show up after you have slept in a foreign bed, a hotel room or a hostel, where beds are shared. However, bed bugs increasingly show up in peoples own homes, where they have typically been brought in by pets or by hiding in suitcases or artifacts imported from abroad. Bed bugs are now so common, that you cannot rule out that you have been bitten in your own bed, even if you keep the cleanest of homes.
What do bed bug bites look like?
No one reacts to bed bug bite thea in exactly the same way. Some will get a rash-like appearance that is raised up and which itches. These will appear on one particular area of the skin, or on one side of the body, that the bed bug will focus on. However, if the bed bug infestation is considerable, you might get little red welts all over the body. Other bedbug victims might get just small bumps that are white or pink in colour. The severity of the the bed bug bites symptoms varies from person to person, and their individual allergic response. Up to 50% of people bitten by bed bugs, will not get any easily noticable symptoms from the bites.
The face, neck, hands, and arms are the most common sites for the bed bug bites, but any part of you body that has been exposed during the night can be attatcked. The bite itself is painless and is not usually noticed, though repeated biting can lead to bad sleep.
Bed bug bites can be hard to distinquish from bites from fleas, mosquitos bites or spiders or other bugs. However, there are some signs or behaviour that can help you identify, whether you have been bitten by bed bugs.
1) Bed bug bites often occur in a a line of 3 (or 4) bites in a row, called ‘breakfast, lunch and dinner’.
2) Bed bug bites may take up to a week to appear, visibly. In some people they will show up after 1 or 2 hours, though. Unlike mosquito bites, chemicals in the bed bugs’ saliva prevent the itching and swelling from showing up immediately, so that the bugs can feed without interuption.
3) Bed bug bites appear in cycles of every 2 weeks or every month. This is a sign that your bed is infested by bed bugs, as they only feed every 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
4) The bed bug bites most often look like mosquito bites, but larger, often accompanied by swelling and itching.
5) The itching increase, when the skin is exposed to abnormal and harsh conditions, like hot showers, swimming pool water, extreme cold weather etc.
6) Your body has been bitten on only one side, or in one part where your body has been exposed overnight.
7) If you have been staying in a campsite, hostel or foreign hotel recently, then there is an increased chance that the bites you have, are bedbug bites.
8 ) Have a good look at your bed or mattress. If you see small dark spots (dark fecal matter) in the lining, or other crevices or eggs that look like rice, then its a sure sign that you have a bed bug infestation.
If you have been bitten by bed bugs, then there are a few things you can do. Various bed bug bite creams can help with the itching, swelling and redness.
But most importantly, you need to treat the cause, not the symptoms. Bed bugs can be hiding anywhere in your home, not just your mattress or bed, and you should look into bed bug treatments for your home immediately, if you suspect that you have been bitten in your own home. A single bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs, so there is no reason to delay.
Watch this BED BUG VIDEO, for general information about Bedbugs:
BACK to TOP of BED BUG BITES
-For more help in diagnosing bed bug bites, see the BED BUG BITES PICTURES page on this website.
For more information on bed bug treatment for your home and bed bug bites treatments, see the relevant pages.
Have you had experiences with bed bug bites? Then please leave a comment in the comment section below.
We need to help eachother with getting rid of these nasty bed bugs, as soon as possible.
Helpful Sites and Other Resources.
Bed Bugs on WikiPedia
McdVoice McDonalds Satisfaction Survey
Walmartone Wire – Walmartone Associate Portal
SMTP Settings Email Server Settings – SMTP, IMAP and POP3
Flying Together United Intranet Login
Liteblue USPS Employee Login
Liteblue Home Login.
Libgen Library Genesis.
192.168.l.254 192.168.1.254 Admin Login.
192.168.1.1 192.168.l.l Admin Login
Walmartone New Walmartone Portal
Onewalmart New Walmartone Portal
Walmartone Wire Onewalmart Wire Portal
Roadrunner Email Roadrunner Webmail Login
TWC Mail Time Warner Email Login
TM Menards Employee Portal
Ymail Tmail Login.
Sbcglobal SBCGLobal.net Email Login.
Myloweslife Lowes Employee Login.
Aka.ms/remoteconnect – Minecraft Crossplay Setup
Questions and Answers.
Any questions about bed bugs? Add your comment in the comment section below.
- bed bug bites
- bedbug bites
- bed bugs
- bug bites
- what do bed bugs look like
- bed bug bites pictures
- bed bug bite pictures
- what do bed bug bites look like
- bedbugs bites
- bed bug bites images